Sunday, July 28, 2013

Room 326 Vendor Interview: DIGS

DIGS

 http://digsstore.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/digsstore
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digsstore/

Iris Maskelyne


What brought you to Second Life and how your store came into existence?

I came to Second Life out of boredom, but found in it a vast and diverse community of lively and creative people. After just a few months on the grid, I eagerly began experimenting with textures and prims, and by the end of 2009 I had my first furniture set on sale in a little store I'd tentatively named "DIGS". I never expected DIGS to find footing like it has, and over 3 years later I'm still somewhat surprised. More than that, immensely grateful for the opportunity to share my creations with Second Life's residents. 


 Please tell us a little bit about your store and your products?

I think the homewares at DIGS reflect my own varied aesthetic. I've made contemporary, retro, traditional and antique styled items. The introduction of mesh has been a great step forward for DIGS along with the rest of the grid, and I'm really thrilled to now be bringing my own original mesh to Second Life, with better detailing and texture work than I could have offered before the change. That said, my aim is not just to create attractive pieces, but also to offer versatility and usability in my furniture. I try to compile varied and inclusive animations menus, adding another facet to a product, that I hope people will enjoy. DIGS items are designed to be "lived with" as well as "looked at".


 What is the prize that you made for Room 326?
The Amaris End Table is a versatile painted wooden table with drawer and cupboard. It could suit a bedroom, living room, or even outside living space, and with a big variety of paint colours in new and worn options,
you can change it to suit your decor.
Have you visited Mad City? If so, what is your favorite thing about Mad City?

Mad City is one of the most impeccably designed locations I've seen on the grid. I love the details - they really enhance the atmosphere of the place, making it such a pleasure to explore!

What is your favorite thing about being involved in the hunt? 
Are you planning on doing the hunt yourself?

I've started the hunt, but I've been so busy with work lately, I've not got as far as I'd like. I'd better get cracking and finish before the end of August! It's wonderful to participate in an event among talented creators, but also to be part of an event where such care has been taken over a greater narrative. It's more involved, and quite different from other hunts.

What would you like to say to the Peas looking to start this MadPea Hunt?

Enjoy the hunting, as well as the prizes!

 Thank you for your time and the interview!

Glitch Axelrad
MadPea PR


Now if you have not gone and done The Return of Room 326 Hunt, you have no reason at all not to! The story and experience is enough to just have you become one of the 50's again and travel into the past. But now you see now even the vendors that have chosen to 
be part of this experience are as amazing as the game it self!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment